Cloud computing is an evolutionary concept that integrates various existing technologies and delivers scalable and flexible IT functionalities to external customers using Internet technologies. Cloud applications generally use large data centers and powerful servers to extent their accessibility. These applications are accessible to end users having suitable internet connection and internet browsers. Cloud computing is different from its counter part in various aspects. Some of these are as follows:
- Service based: Cloud computing is service based ie it can be offered as a service to clients. Cloud computing companies are providing cloud services to their clients worldwide.
- Scalability: Cloud computing is more scalable and elastic. As it is running on cloud, it can be expanded or extended as per the requirement.
- Shared: Since resources and applications can be accessed simultaneously on different computers, it is more shared compare to its conventional part.
- Use internet technology: Cloud computing uses latest internet technologies to meet up the requirements. Therefore, it is more functional and reliable.
Cloud computing generally incorporates three service models:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
These service models describes the cloud computing in different manner. Key benefits of cloud computing: We can achieve key benefits using the services provided by cloud computing companies. Some of these are as follows:
- Scalability: Cloud computing enables the companies to scale up their IT operations so that the new computing resources and software applications can be delivered at desired place. Required computation resources can be hired as per the requirement and pre purchasing of these resources no longer exist.
- Flexibility: Cloud computing companies can expand or contract their computing power as required and also allow such power to be utilized on demand basis. Such flexibility ensuring that the resource intensive processes will not interrupt other business processes and the regular business operations will be carried upon at optimal cost.
- Economical: Cloud computing is very much economical. IT infrastructure is a large overhead for small scale companies. It requires fixed amount of investment to set up IT infrastructure in order to sustain the day to day business operations. Cloud computing allows them to spend variably for software and hardware resources they use. Therefore, it proves to be very economical for them.
- High Automation: Cloud computing services are handled by highly dedicated and experienced IT professionals. Therefore, the clients no longer need to worry about the complex methodology about the delivered computing services such as hardware maintenance, software update etc.
To learn more about Cloud Computing and its Benefits to Business visit our website.